A parasite causes malaria, and it spreads to humans through mosquito bites. Learning about malaria preventive measures is essential if you don’t want to fall seriously ill. People, who are suffering from malaria, mostly feel sick with shaking chills and high fever. While this disease is uncommon in temperate climates, malaria is common in tropical and even in some subtropical countries like India. Around 290 people get infected with this disease, and over 400,000 people die on a global count. We at Remedies Labs are here to discuss a tad bit more about malaria fever along with its preventive measures.
Focusing on the types:
Understanding the types of malaria is essential to get the right treatment plan covered. There are five different species to affect humans. Among the lot, two are considered to be pretty deadly.
- P. Falciparum: It is the most common parasite for malaria and is known to cause some severe death counts. This bacterium multiplies quickly, causing clogged blood vessels and severe blood loss.
- P. Vivax: Among all the malaria types, P. Vivax is another common one and a pretty deadly one as well. This is a noted malaria parasite, mostly found outside dry areas. This species is known to lie dormant and then rise. It infects your blood for months or years after you have been bitten.
Once you know the types of malaria, it is time to get the right treatment plan. But, before that, you need to get your blood tested to know which species attacked you. Join us at Remedies Labs for accurate blood reports every time.
Symptoms to follow:
The malaria symptoms are pretty similar to the flu ones. We have listed out some of the common ones:
- Chills that will shake your body
- Sweating and fever
- Muscle cramps
- Chest pain
- Breathing problems and cough
- Nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting
With the disease worsening, you will come across different malaria symptoms, like jaundice and anaemia. The severe form of malaria is cerebral malaria, which might progress to a coma.
So, without wasting time, once you have seen any of these symptoms, opting for a malaria test is essential. It helps doctors to know where you currently stand, and they get to start with the treatment procedure ASAP.
For accurate malaria test reports all the time, we welcome you to come and join us at Remedies Labs right away!
Tests and diagnosis:
We will examine you and ask you about the malaria symptoms. We will also love to learn about your travel history as that helps us to get a good guess regarding the malaria types.
- Sharing all valid information about the countries you have visited recently is vital. It helps us to understand the risk big time.
- We will take your blood sample and send it to our lab to see if there are any malaria parasites to be seen. It helps us know about the types of malaria you are infected with.
- The blood test is critical to see if you have malaria. It helps us to identify the parasite type that is causing your symptoms.
- We will then proceed further to present this information to your healthcare provider. After learning about the malaria types you are suffering from, doctors will devise the right treatment plan.
The treatment plan to follow:
It is vital to start with the malaria treatment plan ASAP. Doctors will recommend medicines to kill the parasite. However, you should know that some parasites are highly resistant to malaria drugs.
Doctors might recommend some drugs in combination with other medicines. The parasite type will determine which medication you need to take and how long.
Some of the effective anti-malarial drugs as presented by doctors for malaria treatment are:
- Artemisinin drugs
Looking for the best malaria treatment-based medications is essential if you want to get rid of the bacteria as soon as possible. Thanks to our test reports from Remedies Labs, doctors can prescribe the right medicine to follow.
Some side effects to focus at:
Anti-malarial drugs are indeed known for causing some side effects. Well, it is nothing to worry about, as these side effects are rare and can be treated without fail. Always let your healthcare provider know about the medicines you are taking. Indeed, anti-malarial drugs can easily interfere with them. Depending on the medicines, some of the side effects are:
- GI or gastrointestinal issues like diarrhoea and nausea
- Increasing sensitivity to sunlight
- Psychological disorders and vision issues
- Disturbing dreams and insomnia
- Anaemia and seizures
But, doctors can quickly treat these side effects by presenting some drug combinations. Avoid using medications alone and wait for the malaria test from our side at Remedies Labs. Only well-trained doctors can help you with the right medication plan to follow.
How to prevent malaria?
If you reside where malaria is expected, we will suggest you have a chat with your doctor to learn about the methods to help you with the prevention of malaria. Doctors will recommend some proper medicines to follow.
- Taking drugs before and during your stay in malaria-infected areas is mandatory.
- Medicines will highly reduce your chances of getting infected.
- It is also essential to take preventive measures to get rid of malaria and avoid mosquito bites.
- Make sure to apply mosquito repellent cream with DEET to all exposed skin.
- Be sure to use mosquito nets to prevent further biting.
- If you have stagnant water bodies near your house, put screens on doors or windows.
- Treat clothing, tents, sleeping bags and other fabric materials with insect-repellent spray or cream.
- Try to wear long-sleeved clothing items and long pants to cover your skin.
Once you have the preventive measures, it is time to watch out for the symptoms. If you feel any of that, visit Remedies Labs for further tests to confirm.
Remedies Labs is your perfect clinical diagnostic centre where you can get accurate reports on malaria fever. If you ever face any of the symptoms leading to this kind of disease, book an appointment right away! Call us at +91-7799 721 212 or email us at email@example.com for details on the tests.
What kind of fever will malaria have?
The malaria consists of two stages. The first is the 10 to 15 minute cold stage with shivering and fever. Then is the hot stage for 2 to 6 hours, where the fever reaches 41 degrees C.
How long will malaria fever lasts?
If diagnosed early and treated, it can be cured within 2 weeks. But, if you live anywhere with repeated infections, then the treatment process will be a lot longer than usual 2 week’s time.
What the main symptoms of malaria?
It starts with high fever, which lasts for couple of hours. Along with that, you will feel chills with a general discomforting feeling. Headache, nausea and diarrhoea are some of the other symptoms of malaria fever.